7 December 2014

Korean Tapas Bar by Sync

No comments:
 
WARNING!
The following images and/or content may cause 
excessive salivation and uncontrollable drooling to some viewers.
Viewer discretion is strongly advised. 



Also another late review all the way back from halloween due to exams. 

SYNC has done it again! 
Launching yet another innovative korean cuisine in our little red dot. 
Allow me to introduce Singapore's first ever Korean tapas bar 
that paved it's way to Serangoon Gardens,
SYNC Korean Tapas Bar

The owners got their concept and inspiration from their frequent travels to Korea and sparked their interest and passion about Korean cuisines. Since I attended my student exchange in Seoul National University, I AM REALLY EXCITED to be able to share this with all of you! Like Koreans, I am big on alcohol and munchies(tapas). Maybe I can be an owner of such a store in the future too. haha.

Everyone who is on the Hallyu wave like me... 
LETS GO! 
(in girls' generation's voice)

Taken from http://dictionary.reference.com/

what's halloween without some deco


김치
Kimchi
S$9.90


Korean meals are never complete without their favourite 반찬(side dish), kimchi. This is currently the best tasting kimchi I have tasted in Singapore. No kidding. 
Spicy and tangy. *thumbs up*

해물과자
Crackling
S$9.90
crackling of umami cod chips

fragrant and unstoppable! 

소고기 깻싶쌈
Sogogi Jowl
S$10.90
char-grilled beef jowl in hoba & garlic confit

I will be broke from over-ordering this as the beef cheeks are freaking tender and freaking delicious. Best combination with soju.

교자만두
Mandu
S$9.90
crispy minced pork & mushroom dumpling, salsa

Another excellent tapas with drinks. Very flavourful and addictive!


닭강정
Dak-Kangjung
S$9.90
deep-fried sweet & spicy chicken bites, ricotta, chili tempura

Spicy tender chicken with enough fats to make it juicy but not overly overpowering. 


삼겹살
S$10.90
char-grilled pork belly with scallion salad& chili yuzu dressing

Meat was crispy like bacon and the sauce was balanced and goes really well with the salad.

닭갈비 빠에야
Chicken Paella
S$38.90
spicy chicken paella with onions, mushroom, cabbage, sausage, kimchi


This paella dish wasn't readily accepted by my taste buds. The spiciness, sourness and tomatoes were somewhat conflicting and having a war in my mouth. Weird, I feel.

호떡
Hotteok
S$8.90
pan-fried chewy sweet korean pancake with banana foster (add S$1.50 for vanilla ice cream)


The sweet pancake had a really nice texture. Somewhat like chewy rice with chunky nuts in there. And the caramelized bananas sealed the deal for me. This is something I would whip up in the kitchen for my family! Delicious! 

미 슷 가루
Misugaru
S$8.90
misugaru lava cake, vanilla ice cream, strawberries & lime compote

Lava cake that was made with 12 types of grains. Apart from it being a lava cake which I love. I would prefer the matcha version that I tried previously at their SYNC outlet at Westgate.

Soju Mojito
S$9.90

I am missing my soju from korea. 1000won (about $1.50) a bottle. 

Soju Peach Shot
S$7.90







SYNC Korean Tapas Bar is definitely a legit place to chill and hang out with friends if you're looking for alcohol and snacks to go along with it. Not sure about you, but I feel that Serangoon gardens can be a little inconvenient to get to or leave from and parking is always always always a bitch. To drivers, please refrain from drinking(which can be very challenging) or just don't drive there at all.
Stay safe drivers!

SYNC Korean Tapas Bar is a YES for me!


Address
12 Maju Avenue, Serangoon Garden Estate
3pm to 11pm (Sun to Thu)
3pm to 12am (Fri, Sat, PH and eve of PH(
Telephone no: 62820612

Check out www.projectweekends.com, Singapore's One-stop lifestyle portal.


Till next time...
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff